- Michalopoulos SN, Kella N, Payne R, Yohannes P, Singh A, Hettinger C, Yousefi K, Hornberger J. Influence of a genomic classifier on postoperative treatment decisions in high-risk prostate cancer patients: Results from the PRO-ACT study. Current Medical and Research Opinion, 2014 [Epub ahead of print].
- Badani K, Thompson D, Brown G, Holmes D, Kella N, Albala D, Singh A, Buerki C, Davicioni E, Hornberger J. Effect of a genomic classifier test on clinical practice decisions for patients with high-risk prostate cancer after surgery (ASSESS-D). British Journal of Urology, 2014 [Epub ahead of print].
- Cox JV, Ward JC, Hornberger JC, Temel JS, McAneny BL. Community oncology in an era of payment reform. American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Educational Book, 2014.
- Altar CA, Hornberger J, Shewade A, Cruz V, Garrison J, Mrazek D. Clinical validity of cytochrome P450 metabolism and serotonin gene variants in psychiatric pharmacotherapy. International Review of Psychiatry, 2013.
- Akerley WL, Nelson RE, Cowle RH, Spinella DG, Hornberger J. The impact of a serum based proteomic mass spectrometry test on treatment recommendations in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Current Medical Research and Opinion, 2013.
- Badani K, Thompson DJ, Buerki C, Davicioni E, Garrison J, Ghadessi M, Mitra AP, Wood PJ, Hornberger J. Impact of a genomic classifier of metastatic risk on postoperative treatment recommendations for prostate cancer patients: A report from the DECIDE study group. Oncotarget, 2013.
- de Lima Lopes G, Chien R, Hornberger J. Cost-benefit of 21-gene breast cancer recurrence score assay for patients in Singapore. The Breast Journal, 2013.
- Hornberger J. Assigning value to medical algorithms: implications for personalized medicine. Personalized Medicine, 2013.
- Hornberger J. Computer modeling of diabetes and its complications: A report on the fifth Mount Hood challenge meeting. Value in Health, 2013.
- Hornberger J. Comparative effectiveness in personalized medicine – clearly defining the intended use population. Value in Health, 2013.
- Hornberger J, Degtiar I, Gutierrez H, Shewade A, Henner WD, Becker S, Varadhachary G, Raab S. Cost-effectiveness of gene-expression profiling for tumor-site origin. Value in Health, 2013.
- Kennedy JL, Altar CA, Taylor DL, Degtiar I, Hornberger J. The social and economic burden of treatment-resistant schizophrenia: a systematic literature review. International Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2013.
- Faulkner E, Annemans L, Garrison L, Helfand M, Holtorf AP, Hornberger J, Hughes D, Li T, Malone D, Payne K, Siebert U, Towse A, Veenstra D, Watkins J. Challenges in the development and reimbursement of personalized medicine payer and manufacturer perspectives and implications for health economics and outcomes research: A report of the ISPOR personalized medicine special interest group. Value in Health, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Lyman GH, Chien R, Meropol NJ. A multigene prognostic assay for selection of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with T3, stage II colon cancer: Impact on quality-adjusted life expectancy and costs. Value in Health, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Alvarado M, Chien R, Gutierrez HR, Yu TM, Gradishar WJ. Clinical validity/utility, change in practice patterns, and economic implications of risk stratifiers to predict outcomes for early-stage breast cancer: A systematic review. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Chien R, Friedmann M, Han L, Shewade A, Satram-Hoang S, Reyes C. Cost-effectiveness of rituximab as maintenance therapy in patients with follicular non-Hodgkin leukemia after responding to first-line rituximab plus chemotherapy. Leukemia and Lymphoma, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Hirth RA. Financial implications of choice of dialysis type of the revised Medicare payment system: An economic analysis. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Doberne J, Chien R. Laboratory-developed test–SynFRAME: An approach for assessing laboratory-developed tests synthesized from prior appraisal frameworks. Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Reyes C, Shewade A, Lerner S, Friedmann M, Han L, Gutierrez H, Satram-Hoang S, Keating MJ. Cost-effectiveness of adding rituximab to fludarabine and cyclophosphamide for the treatment of previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leukemia and Lymphoma, 2012.
- Nystrom SJ, Hornberger J, Varadhachary GR, Hornberger RJ, Gutierrez HR, Henner DW, Becker SH, Amin MB, Walker MG. Clinical utility of gene-expression profiling for tumor-site origin in patients with metastatic or poorly differentiated cancer: Impact on diagnosis, treatment, and survival. Oncotarget, 2012.
- Hornberger J, Chien R, Krebs K, Hochheiser L. US insurance program’s experience with a multigene assay for early-stage breast cancer. Journal of Oncology Practice, 2011. Also published American Journal of Managed Care, 2011.
- Hornberger J, Rickert J, Dhawan R, Liwing J, Aschan J, Löthgren M. The cost-effectiveness of bortezomib in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: Swedish perspective. European Journal of Haematology, 2010.
- Hornberger J, Simpson K, Shewade A, Dietz B, Baran R, Podsadecki T. Broadening the perspective when assessing evidence on boosted protease inhibitor-based regimens for initial antiretroviral therapy. Advanced Therapeutics, 2010.
- Hornberger J, Lyman GH, Chien R. Economic implications of 21-gene recurrence score assay: US multicenter experience. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2010; author reply e383.
- Klang SH, Hammerman A, Liebermann N, Efrat N, Doberne J, Hornberger J. Economic implications of 21-gene breast cancer risk assay from the perspective of an Israeli-managed health-care organization. Value in Health, 2010.
- Bartlett JA, Hornberger J, Shewade A, Bhor M, Rajagopalan R. Obstacles and proposed solutions to effective antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings. Journal of International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care (Chic), 2009.
- Hornberger J, Rajagopalan R, Shewade A, Loutfy MR. Cost consequences of HIV-associated lipoatrophy. AIDS Care, 2009.
- Hornberger J. Book review for Electronic Health Records: A Guide for Clinicians and Administrators. Journal of American Medical Association, 2009.
- Hornberger J, Kumar K, Verhulst E, Clark MA, Hernandez J. Rechargeable spinal cord stimulation system versus nonrechargeable system for patients with failed back surgery syndrome: A cost-consequences analysis. The Clinical Journal of Pain, 2008.
- Hornberger J, Reyes C, Lubeck D, Valente N. Economic evaluation of rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisolone for advanced follicular lymphoma. Leukemia and Lymphoma, 2008.
- Hornberger J, Holodniy M, Robertus K, Winnike M, Gibson E, Verhulst E. A systematic review of cost-utility analyses in HIV/AIDS: Implications for public policy. Medical Decision Making, 2007.
- Holodniy M, Hornberger J, Rapoport D, Robertus K, MaCurdy TE, Lopez J, Volberding P, Deyton L. Relationship between antiretroviral prescribing patterns and treatment guidelines in treatment-naïve, HIV-1–infected US veterans (1992-2004). Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 2007.
- Lyman GH, Cosler LE, Kuderer NM, Hornberger J. Impact of a 21-gene RT-PCR assay on treatment decisions in early-stage breast cancer: an economic analysis based on prognostic and predictive validation studies. Cancer, 2007.
- Hornberger J, Robertus K. Cost-effectiveness of a vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in older adults. Annals of Internal Medicine, 2006.
- Hornberger J, Torriani FJ, Dieterich DT, Bräu N, Sulkowski MS, Torres MR, Green J, Patel K. Cost-effectiveness of peginterferon alfa‑2a (40 kDa) plus ribavirin in patients with HIV and hepatitis C virus co‑infection. Journal of Clinical Virology, 2006.
- Hornberger J, Kilby JM, Wintfeld N, Green J. Cost-effectiveness of enfuvirtide in HIV therapy for treatment-experienced patients in the United States. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, 2006.
- Hornberger J, Farci P, Prati D, Zeuzem S, Green J, Patel KK. The economics of treating chronic hepatitis C patients with peginterferon alpha-2a (40 kDa) plus ribavirin presenting with persistently normal aminotransferase. Journal of Viral Hepatitis, 2006.
- Best JH, Hornberger J, Proctor SJ, Omnes LF, Jost F. Cost-effectiveness analysis of rituximab combined with CHOP for treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Value in Health, 2005.
- Groot MT, Lugtenberg PJ, Hornberger J, Huijgens PC, Uyl-de Groot CA. Cost-effectiveness of rituximab (MabThera) in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in The Netherlands. European Journal of Hematology, 2005.
- Hornberger J, Robertus K. Comprehensive evaluations of healthcare interventions: The realism-transparency tradeoff. Medical Decision Making, 2005.
- Hornberger J, Green J, Wintfeld N, Cavassini M, Rockstroh J, Giuliani G, De Carli C, Lazzarin A. Cost-effectiveness of enfuvirtide for treatment-experienced patients with HIV in Italy. HIV Clinical Trials, 2005.
- Hornberger J, Cosler LE, Lyman GH. Economic analysis of targeting chemotherapy using a 21-gene RT-PCR assay in lymph-node–negative, estrogen-receptor–positive, early-stage breast cancer. American Journal of Managed Care, 200
- Hornberger J, Best JH. Cost utility in the United States of rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone for treatment of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Cancer, 2005.
- Verma S, Maraninchi D, O’Shaughnessy J, Jamieson C, Jones S, Martín M, McKendrick J, Miles D, Twelves C, Hornberger J. Capecitabine plus docetaxel combination therapy. Cancer, 2005.
- Hornberger J, Grimes K, Naumann M, Glaser DA, Lowe NJ, Naver H, Ahn S, Stolman LP. Recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of primary focal hyperhidrosis. Journal of American Academy of Dermatology, 2004.
- Wrone EM, Hornberger J, Zehnder JL, McCann LM, Coplon NS, Fortmann SP. Randomized trial of folic acid for prevention of cardiovascular events in end-stage renal disease. Journal of American Society of Nephrology, 2004.
- Wrone EM, Hornberger J. Pharmacoeconomics of folic acid supplementation for cardiovascular disease prevention. Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 2003.
- Weinstein MC, O’Brien B, Hornberger J, Jackson J, Johannesson M, McCabe C, Luce BR. Principles of good practice for decision analytic modeling in health-care evaluation: Report of the ISPOR task force on good research Practices–Modeling Studies. Value in Health, 2003.
- Besarab A, Reyes CM, Hornberger J. Meta-analysis of subcutaneous versus intravenous epoetin in maintenance treatment of anemia in hemodialysis patients. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 2002.
- Halpern J, Brown BW Jr., Hornberger J. The sample size for a clinical trial: A Bayesian-decision theoretic approach. Statistics in Medicine, 2001.
- Hornberger J. Introduction to Bayesian reasoning. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 2001.
- Wrone EM, Zehnder JL, Hornberger J, McCann LM, Coplon NS, Fortmann SP. An MTHFR variant, homocysteine, and cardiovascular comorbidity in renal disease. Kidney International, 2001.
- Gerson LB, Robbins AS, Garber A, Hornberger J, Triadafilopoulos G. A cost-effectiveness analysis of prescribing strategies in the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. American Journal of Gastroenterology, 2000.
- Hornberger J, Goldstein MK. Clinical decision-support systems: Evaluating the evaluation. Medical Decision Making, 2000.
- Ruhnke GW, Wilson SR, Akamatsu T, Kinoue T, Takashima Y, Goldstein MK, Koenig BA, Hornberger J, Raffin TA. Ethical decision making and patient autonomy: A comparison of physicians and patients in Japan and the United States. Chest, 2000.
- Hornberger J, Bloch DA, Hlatky MA, Baumgartner W. Patient preference in coronary revascularization. American Heart Journal, 1999.
- Lin A, Lenert LA, Hlatky MA, McDonald KM, Olshen RA, Hornberger J. Clustering and the design of preference-assessment surveys in health care. Health Services Research, 1999.
- McCann L, Feldman C, Hornberger J, Belanger S, Maru L, Torres M, Tootell F, Gotch F. Effect of intradialytic parenteral nutrition on delivered Kt/V. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 1999.
- Veenstra DL, Best JH, Hornberger J, Sullivan SD, Hricik DE. Incidence and cost of steroid side effects after renal transplantation. Transplantation Proceedings.
- Veenstra DL, Best JH, Hornberger J, Sullivan SD, Hricik DE. The incidence and long-term cost of steroid-related side effects after renal transplantation. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 1999.
- David I, Hornberger J, Pliskin JS. On the dilemma of preemptive kidney transplantation. Medical Decision Making, 1998.
- Hornberger J, Garrison L. Response to Sacristan et al. Large-database research: Complement to randomized trials? Annals of Internal Medicine, 1998.
- Hornberger J, Best J, Geppert J, McClellan M. Risks and costs of end-stage renal disease after heart transplantation. Transplantation, 1998.
- Hornberger J. A cost-benefit analysis of a cardiovascular disease prevention trial, using folate supplementation as an example. American Journal of Public Health, 1998.
- Hornberger J, Eghtesady P. The cost-benefit of a randomized trial to a health care organization. Controlled Clinical Trials.
- Hornberger J. Evaluating the costs of bridging language barriers in health care. Journal of Health Care for Poor and Underserved, 1998.
- Raab SS, Steiner AL, Hornberger J. The cost-effectiveness of treating women with a cervical vaginal smear diagnosis of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1998.
- Gabbard GO, Lazar SG, Hornberger J, Spiegel D. The economic impact of psychotherapy: A review. American Journal of Psychiatry, 1997.
- Hornberger J, Thom D, MaCurdy T. Effects of a self-administered previsit questionnaire to enhance awareness of patients’ concerns in primary care. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 1997.
- Hornberger J, Best JH, Garrison LP Jr. Cost-effectiveness of repeat medical procedures: Kidney transplantation as an example. Medical Decision Making, 1997.
- Hornberger J, Wrone E. When to base clinical policies on observational versus randomized trial data. Annals of Internal Medicine, 1997.
- Raab SS, Hornberger J. The effect of patient’s risk-taking attitude on the cost effectiveness of testing strategies in the evaluation of pulmonary lesions. Chest, 1997.
- Hornberger J, Garber AM, Jeffery JR. Mortality, hospital admissions, and medical costs of end-stage renal disease in the United States and Manitoba, Canada. Medical Care, 1997.
- Hornberger J, Itakura H, Wilson SR. Bridging language and cultural barriers between physicians and patients. Public Health Reports, 1997.
- Hornberger J, Ahn JH. Deciding eligibility for transplantation when a donor kidney becomes available. Medical Decision Making, 1997.
- Raab SS, Hornberger J, Raffin T. The importance of sputum cytology in the diagnosis of lung cancer: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Chest, 1997.
- Ahn JH, Hornberger J. Involving patients in the cadaveric kidney transplant allocation process: A decision-theoretic perspective. Management Science, 1996.
- Hornberger J, Lenert LA. Variation among quality-of-life surveys. Theory and Practice. Medical Care, 1996.
- Hornberger J, Gibson CD Jr., Wood W, Dequeldre C, Corso I, Palla B, Bloch DA. Eliminating language barriers for non-English-speaking patients. Medical Care, 1996.
- Lenert LA, Hornberger J. Computer-assisted quality of life assessment for clinical trials. Proc AMIA Annual Fall Symposium, 1996.
- Hornberger J, Brown BW Jr., Halpern J. Designing a cost-effective clinical trial. Statistics in Medicine, 1995.
- Hornberger J, Habraken H, Bloch DA. Minimum data needed on patient preferences for accurate, efficient medical decision making. Medical Care, 1995.
- Hornberger J. Economic consequences of alterations in the hemodialysis prescription. Seminars in Dialysis, 1994.
- Hornberger J. The hemodialysis prescription and cost effectiveness. Renal Physicians Association Working Committee on clinical guidelines. Journal of American Society of Nephrology, 1993.
- Hornberger J. The hemodialysis prescription and quality-adjusted life expectancy. Renal Physicians Association Working Committee on clinical guidelines. Journal of American Society of Nephrology, 1993.
- Hornberger J, Garber AM, Chernew ME. Is high flux dialysis cost effective? International Journal of Technological Assessment in Health Care, 1993.
- Hornberger J, Chernew M, Petersen J, Garber AM. A multivariate analysis of mortality and hospital admissions with high flux dialysis. Journal of American Society of Nephrology, 1992.
- Hornberger J, Redelmeier DA, Petersen J. Variability among methods to assess patients’ well-being and consequent effect on a cost-effectiveness analysis. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 1992.
- Kabalin JN, Hornberger J. Prostate-specific antigen is not excreted by human kidney or eliminated by routine hemodialysis. Urology, 1991.
- Hornberger J, Petersen J. Atrial natriuretic peptide, renal failure, and dialysis. Seminars in Dialysis, 1990.
- Hornberger J, Buell SJ, Flood DG, McNeill TH, Coleman PD. Stability of numbers but not size of mouse forebrain cholinergic neurons to 53 months. Neurobiology of Aging, 1985.
- Stowe SM, Hammond GD, Chard R, Hornberger J, Honour RC, Sposto R, Weiner JM. Monitoring clinical research: A report from the Children’s Cancer Study Group. American Journal of Clinical Oncology, 1984.
- Williams ME, Hornberger J. A quantitative method of identifying older persons at risk for increasing long term care services. Journal of Chronic Diseases, 1984.